Friday, April 20, 2007

Say Hi To My New Buddy: The Palm Zire31


So this is my new buddy, the PalmZire31. Isn't he cute? I've been wanting a PDA for about 2 years but they all seemed way too expensive (especially, back when i was a student with no job income at all, now I'm a student with a small paying job. :P ). Last week, my hungering for a PDA came back full force because I felt that it'd be so much more convenient if I had a cute little PDA that had my schedule instead of lugging around my paper planner everywhere. I am a chronic list maker and I always write myself little notes on random scraps of paper and post it notes. Now that I have my PDA, I just jot down notes in that (ah, the invention of Graffiti 2 so software can recognize handwriting and convert it into digital characters) and then I'm set! No more scrounging around for little scraps of paper for information that i might need in the future.

The Zire31 is fairly simple and relatively cheap compared to other Palm products. No WiFi which is a bummer. I like how it's blue and white, has a bright color screen, and oh so cute and not a boring black businessmanlike machine. I might have been wiser to get a Z22, but oh well. My Zire31 does what I want it too. :) It keeps my contacts, schedule, my many to-do lists, memos, and notes. I also doodle on the notepad when I'm bored in class. And I can easily see what time it is in Taiwan with one touch of my stylus if I feel like. Not very important, but nice to know. :)

Aside from that, I am swamped with work to catch up on! This is going to be a looong and boring weekend for me! I slacked off way too much these first few weeks of school and I am dearly paying for it now! I have to finish my abortion paper, calculus homework and start studying for my midterm next wednesday, read 3 plays for theatre and film (they're not short plays either), and I think I'm in for about another 300 pages of reading.

No comments: